By Kristen Fellhoelter
· Fans had to be approved in order to to like Grey Poupon on Facebook
· The brand is targeting people on social media. Specifically, competitive individuals. But also individuals who have a high standard for their Facebook page
· Grey Poupon is trying to convince its customers to think about what they are posting on social media
· This makes sense for the brand because Grey Poupon is known as a “fancy mustard” and they want only the most “refined” individuals to like their Facebook page
· It closely resembles owned media because Grey Poupon had control over their Facebook likes. However, it turns into earned media because the news media covered the story.
· Participation-led orchestration, Bottom-up model