By Jazmin Nelson
Brand Purpose: Save the Children is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
· Released a video of a little girl living through the beginning of a warzone in the UK to illustrate the horrors going on in Syria.
· It added sympathy and ethos to the campaign
· The desired audience would be prospect customers, especially parents in the UK
· Not enough people were donating to help the children in Syria, so Save the Children made a more relatable video to encourage donations.
· The video originated on YouTube, but soon was shared across all platforms and got over 51 million views.
Audiences were much more sympathetic and willing to donate when the Syria situation was made more “real” for them.
(owned media, save the children, Syria, youtube)